Victor Brown of Oklahoma was a soccer dude. Endurance running was on the list somewhere about #87 on the fun scale.
And then Victor stopped playing soccer his junior year of undergrad and had to find something to fill that void. #87 somehow wiggled its way to the top of the list.
A dabble in road marathoning quickly transitioned to the trails after wandering around Turkey Mountain in Tulsa.
“I like hiking, I [now] like running, let’s combine the two.”
Victor loved the solitude.
Victor loved the challenge.
Victor loved feeling the dirt and rocks under his feet as he glided along the trail in search of the next climb, the next beautiful view.
Victor recently won the two day PostOak Double in Tulsa, Oklahoma which included a 50km on Saturday and a half marathon on Sunday.
Enjoy our chat that includes the following musings and other useful goodies for you:
- the end of soccer and the beginning of trails, solitude, and beautiful views
- jacked up toe memories from that first trail race at Turkey and TATURs
- the community, the community, the community
- favorite local trails
- training and hot yoga
- the tough lesson at Ouachita Switchbacks, peeing-gone-bad at the White Rock Classic, and pacing at the LOViT 100M
- running reads
- the giddy and the up at the PostOak Double Double – Beer Please!