73 year old Ken Johnson of Texas is a streaker…a run streaker.
On New Year’s Day 1992, Ken began his first run streak of 600 days that included at least one mile of running per day. Since December 30, 1997 Ken has only missed 18 days of running and enjoys both the road and trails. Ken runs the full array of race distances from 5km to ultramarathon with 101 marathon/ultra finishes.
Ken recently ran the half marathon distance at the Love. Run. Marathon. on pine needle covered trails in Huntsville, Texas and crossed the finish line in 3:23:03! Enjoy our chat that includes the following musings and other useful goodies for you:
- being in the Army for 22.5 years and the two mile wall
- the surprise of Ken’s first four mile run courtesy of the division Commander
- that first 10km race experience at Ft. Hood with 2500 other runners starting at 3:00AM
- the continued involvement in running after retiring from the Army, then the run streaks begin
- strongest memories of the people and community in this sport
- reflections on the half marathon scamper at the Love. Run. Marathon.
- a special Team RWB experience from his marathon finish at Love. Run. Marathon. in 2014 – Mighty Awesome!