Alison Jumper of Arkansas put together a 19:16:44 finish to earn the win at this year’s Arkansas Traveller 100.
Running has always been a part of Alison’s life that began while watching and cheering on her father at local road races. At age 6, Alison cinched up the pigtails, pinned on a bib, and ran her first one mile road scamper.
“As a kid it was a big deal to run across the finish line.”
Throughout her school years and beyond, running would be a time to quiet the mind and focus on simply moving one foot in front of the other.
Enjoy our chat that includes the following musings and other useful goodies for you:
- memories from watching her father run in races
- Alison’s first race at age 6
- the role running plays in her life
- the spark that led to enjoyment of the trails
- memories from that first trail race at Sylamore 25k
- what Alison digs about the ultra distances
- the biggest surprises and lessons learned after finishing her first 100 at Leadville
- Alison’s typical training week…and the mileage may surprise you
- favorite local trails
- 100 miles at the Arkansas Traveller 100
Simply press the Play button to stream below.
To Download to Computer: Download MP3 (right click “save as”)
Our Final EBA Race of 2015
Let’s spend a day together in north Texas nature.
Resources and Goodies Mentioned
Favorite Local Trails
Related Podcast(s) / Articles
- 2015 Arkansas Traveller 100: Moments from the Trail
- Chat with Wesley Hunt after his 2014 win at AT100
- Chat with 71 year old Ian Maddieson after his 2013 AT100 finish
Thank you so much for being a part of the EB tribe. If you enjoyed the podcast and feel others you know may be interested as well, feel free to share with the social media buttons below. We really appreciate you.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
Posted on 17 Nov 2015