Reduce Stomach Shutdowns and Enjoy Consistent Energy in Your Next Race – Exploring Metabolic Efficiency Training with Jessica Baxter
Long run. Speed work. Core. Weights. No beer till after the race. (maybe)
You are ready.
Race day. Bring it!
And then your race is derailed by a stomach gone bad halfway through your adventure. All those hours and miles of training, and the stomach can have the final say.
Ugh. And what about the beer?
Jessica Baxter of Baxter Performance has been there and shares with us how training your body to burn more fat for fuel can benefit your race-tummy experience and other parts of your life.
Enjoy our chat that includes Jessica’s journey in endurance sports and passion for Metabolic Efficiency Training.
Our chat includes the following musings and other useful goodies for you:
- Jessica’s journey from weightlifting to endurance athlete
- memories from running her first 1/2 marathon and the power of being part of a training group
- how an Ironman triathlon compares with running 100 miles
- the life-changing experience running 100 miles at the Snowdrop Ultra
- how Jessica integrates training with family
- what a typical training week looks like
- how being active has enhanced Jessica’s life
- Metabolic Efficiency Training (MET) – What the heck is it and why you may want to care?
- Jessica’s story on why she explored MET and her experience so far with it
- the two components of MET and which one has the greatest impact
- how you can get started with MET
- what are some common mistakes people make with MET
- what’s a good fat?
- Jessica share’s her approach to pre, post, and during-race nutrition
- MET reads
- how Jessica can help if you have tummy issues when running and would like guidance in burning more fat for fuel
Simply press the Play button to stream below.
To Download to Computer: Download MP3 (right click “save as”)
Also, if you enjoyed the podcast in any way, we would love and be most grateful for a brief rating and review over on iTunes. Thanks so much!
Resources and Goodies Mentioned
- UCAN – A carbohydrate powder for athletes
- Metabolic Efficiency Training: Teaching The Body to Burn More Fat – by Bob Seebohar
How to connect with Jessica
Thank you so much for being a part of the EB tribe. If you enjoyed the podcast and feel others you know may be interested as well, feel free to share with the social media buttons below. We really appreciate you.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
Posted on 01 Oct 2015