Julie Koepke of Texas recently won the inaugural Habanero 100 in 28:43:20. Not only was Julie the first to finish, she was the only person to finish all 100 miles during this sultry August weekend at Buescher State Park in Texas.
Enjoy our chat that includes the following musings and other useful goodies for you:
- Julie’s journey from marching band to first 5k
- how running helped Julie as a high school teacher
- creating family and friendships with “the wrong group of folks” in San Antonio
- memories from that first Rockhoppers run that lasted for the next week
- what surprised Julie about the trails and its community
- memories from that first trail race at Prickly Pear 50k
- Julie shares one of the life gifts this sport has provided her
- enjoying the varied aspects of running ultra distances
- a typical training week including strength/core examples
- what has been the toughest part of a 100 miler to dial in
- building life-confidence through trail running
- the leaf wearing and rock talking adventure at Habanero Hundred
Simply press the Play button to stream below.
To Download to Computer: Download MP3 (right click “save as”)
Also, if you enjoyed the podcast in any way, we would love and be most grateful for a brief rating and review over on iTunes. Thanks so much!
Resources and Goodies Mentioned
Races and Clubs
- Habanero 100
- Prickly Pear Trail Run
- Cactus Rose 100
- Hells Hills Trail Run
- Rocky Raccoon 100
- Rockhoppers – San Antonio
Thank you so much for being a part of the EB tribe. If you enjoyed the podcast and feel others you know may be interested as well, feel free to share with the social media buttons below. We really appreciate you.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
Posted on 14 Sep 2015