“Everything shook. The whole world shook.”
David Infante’s first run out his door in New Mexico wasn’t pretty.
Do you remember your first run or your first anything where you hadn’t developed many (or any) of the skills for the activity?
It can be awkward, uncomfortable, and even painful. Yet, sometimes there is something inside that says keep going, keep doing it anyways, there is something here for you.
David kept running. The world began to shake less. Running would become a sacred home to reflect and process life.
In 2012 after a weekend at the Team RWB Trail Running Camp, David brought home a new found appreciation for nature, for trails, for the real connection through shared experience, and the positive spirit of this running community.
“I found my place, where I need to be.”
Enjoy our chat after David’s Spring adventure at the inaugural Cactus to Cloud 50k in southern New Mexico.
Enjoy our chat that includes the following musings and other useful goodies for you:
- the two-wheel incident that started a running journey in David’s mid-40s
- the break-through moment that inspired David to continue lacing them up
- the power of finding the right tribe for you – memories from the Team RWB Trail Running Camp
- being petrified at his first trail race and overcoming fears
- how ultra running improves the rest of David’s life and maybe yours too
- the key aspect of weekly training David focus’s on
- what has surprised David the most about our sport
- a couple favorite running reads (or listens)
- Coffee, Bear Claws, and the 50k adventure at Cactus to Cloud
Simply press the Play button to stream below.
To Download to Computer: Download MP3 (right click “save as”)
Also, if you enjoyed the podcast in any way, we would love and be most grateful for a brief rating and review over on iTunes. Thanks so much!
Resources and Goodies Mentioned
Races and Camps
- Cactus to Cloud Trail Run
- Valles Caldera Trail Run
- Nueces Trail Run
- Superior 100
- Team RWB Trail Running Camp
Thank you so much for being a part of the EB tribe. If you enjoyed the podcast and feel others you know may be interested as well, feel free to share with the social media buttons below. We really appreciate you.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
Posted on 20 Aug 2015