235 pounds and inactive. 170 pounds one year later.
EJ Gonzalez of Texas made a choice. A choice to return to the active life. To work on himself as much as he was supporting others in the corporate world.
Lacing up the tread and heading out the door was the most natural start to EJ’s endurance sports journey that would expand to include triathlon and followed by an introduction to the trails thanks to a friend asking if he wanted to play in a five mile run on the dirt. Special memories of youth quickly return.
“This is pretty cool.”
The Trail Snake had bit.
The active life would became a place of physical transformation, emotional renewal and joy, and an opportunity to support and motivate others of all ages.
Enjoy our chat from this Spring after being first across the finish line at the Toughest ‘N Texas 20 miler in Waco, Texas.
Our chat includes the following musings and other useful goodies for you:
- EJ’s all-in journey back to endurance sports starting in 2009
- the relateable experience of running a new distance (EJ’s first 1/2 marathon)
- the couch moment that led to triathlon
- filling the emotional cup through sport
- EJ shares his memories of youth when running the trails today
- community observations at EJ’s first trail race
- 100 mile memories and The Stick
- key running workouts EJ includes each week
- EJ’s core strength training 1-3 times each week
- the importance of sharing the active life with others
- trail running tips you can use
- and the scrambling bamboo fun at TNT 20M
Simply press the Play button to stream below.
To Download to Computer: Download MP3 (right click “save as”)
Also, if you enjoyed the podcast in any way, we would love and be most grateful for a brief rating and review over on iTunes. Thanks so much!
Resources and Goodies Mentioned
- Toughest ‘N Texas Trail Run
- Cowtown Half Marathon
- Cedar Ridge Trail Run
- Ironman Florida
- Hawaii Ironman
- Rocky Raccoon 100
- Big Cedar 100
Connect with EJ
- TriLifeblog – EJ’s blog
Thank you so much for being a part of the EB tribe. If you enjoyed the podcast and feel others you know may be interested as well, feel free to share with the social media buttons below. We really appreciate you.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
Posted on 17 Aug 2015