“I would have never believed it.”
That was 59 year old Cliff Ferren’s reflection if he would have seen where he would go in this sport 10 years ago when he simply wanted to support a local Arkansas charity fundraiser 5k.
Cliff has continued running ever since with an early focus on the road that transitioned to the trails and ultra distances including the yearly pilgrimage in October to the Arkansas Traveller 100.
To be a part of a great community that includes many hugs and handshakes.
To play outside in the woods.
To finish is the goal.
The trails and its community holds a special place in Cliff’s life and heart.
This Spring Cliff ran another adventure at the Ouachita Trail 50m in 13:09:40.
Enjoy our chat that includes the following musings and other useful goodies for you:
- memories from that first 5k
- lovin’ the trails
- the struggling memories at that first trail race, Sylamore 50k
- the two DNFs and things to consider if in a similar situation
- favorite local trails
- What keeps the excitement high after 10 years of running
- favorite reads
- Oachita 50M memories
Simply press the Play button to stream below.
To Download to Computer: Download MP3 (right click “save as”)
Also, if you enjoyed the podcast in any way, we would love and be most grateful for a brief rating and review over on iTunes. Thanks so much!
Resources and Goodies Mentioned
- Ouachita Trail 50M (2015 results)
- Arkansas Traveller 100
- Sylamore 50k
- Arkansas Grand Prix
- LOViT 100k
- Athens Big Fork Trail Run
Trails / Natural Areas
- Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall (affiliate link)
- Relentless Forward Progress (affiliate link)
Thank you so much for being a part of the EB tribe. If you enjoyed the podcast and feel others you know may be interested as well, feel free to share with the social media buttons below. We really appreciate you.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
Posted on 01 Jul 2015
4 Responses to “EB61: The Finisher – Ouachita Trail 50M – Our Chat with Cliff Ferren”