Victor Brown of Oklahoma was a soccer dude. Endurance running was on the list somewhere about #87 on the fun scale.
And then Victor stopped playing soccer his junior year of undergrad and had to find something to fill that void. #87 somehow wiggled its way to the top of the list.
A dabble in road marathoning quickly transitioned to the trails after wandering around Turkey Mountain in Tulsa.
“I like hiking, I [now] like running, let’s combine the two.”
Victor loved the solitude.
Victor loved the challenge.
Victor loved feeling the dirt and rocks under his feet as he glided along the trail in search of the next climb, the next beautiful view.
Victor recently won the two day PostOak Double in Tulsa, Oklahoma which included a 50km on Saturday and a half marathon on Sunday.
Enjoy our chat that includes the following musings and other useful goodies for you:
- the end of soccer and the beginning of trails, solitude, and beautiful views
- jacked up toe memories from that first trail race at Turkey and TATURs
- the community, the community, the community
- favorite local trails
- training and hot yoga
- the tough lesson at Ouachita Switchbacks, peeing-gone-bad at the White Rock Classic, and pacing at the LOViT 100M
- running reads
- the giddy and the up at the PostOak Double Double – Beer Please!
Simply press the Play button to stream below.
To Download to Computer: Download MP3 (right click “save as”)
Also, if you enjoyed the podcast in any way, we would love and be most grateful for a brief review over on iTunes. Thanks so much!
Resources and Goodies Mentioned
- PostOak Challenge (2015 Results and pics)
- Turkey and TATURS Trail Run
- Ouachita Switchbacks
- White Rock Classic 50k
- LOViT 100M
Trails / Natural Areas
- Run or Die by Kilian Jornet
- Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall
- The Story of the Human Body: Evolution, Health, and Disease by Daniel Lieberman
Thank you so much for being a part of the EB tribe. If you enjoyed the podcast and feel others you know may be interested as well, feel free to share with the social media buttons below. We really appreciate you.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
[Hey EB tribe! This article contains affiliate links to Amazon which costs you nothing and provides a small commission to us if you would purchase a book through our link.]
Posted on 16 Apr 2015