Anthony Jacobs was lost and had to bum a ride home from a stranger with a pickup truck. He made it home…thankfully.
That may not be the ideal first trail run experience but that was Anthony’s, and he wanted more it (minus the getting lost).
After learning more about the dirt world thanks to Austin, Texas local, Brandon Ostrander back in 2012, Anthony continued to explore and find his way in the sport, which quickly led to the ultra distances.
Anthony recently won an exciting race at the Nueces 50 mile that saw the top three runners all within a sub 30 second window at the finish line that showcased many of the ingredients of this sport – inspiration, support, and trying not to vomit Oreos on each other.
Enjoy our chat that includes the following musings and other useful goodies for you:
- running where football is king
- the relay race that reignited Anthony’s enjoyment of running
- the accidental discovery of that first trail
- that tough second loop at Bandera 100k
- favorite local Austin trails
- what Anthony’s 6 days a week running looks like
- 3 guys inspiring each other, supporting each other, and trying not to lose their Oreo cookies at the Nueces 50M
Simply press the Play button to stream below.
To Download to Computer: Download MP3 (right click “save as”)
Also, if you enjoyed the podcast in any way, we would love and be most grateful for a brief rating and review over on iTunes. Thanks so much!
Resources and Goodies Mentioned
Trails / Natural Areas
- Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen
- Run or Die
Thank you so much for being a part of the EB tribe. If you enjoyed the podcast and feel others you know may be interested as well, feel free to share with the social media buttons below. We really appreciate you.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
[Hey EB tribe! This article contains affiliate links to Amazon which costs you nothing and provides a small commission to us if you would purchase a book through our link.]
Posted on 03 Apr 2015