“I enjoy running, but it’s something I do, not something I am.” – Christophe Block
Christophe Block of Arkansas is not your typical trail runner. (if there is such a thing in this sport)
He doesn’t wear a Garmin watch.
He does care about mileage.
He doesn’t care about tracking the amount of time running.
Christophe does seem to care about creating a life that is meaningful to him.
A life where running supports his physical and mental health, and is simply a time to have fun.
Where pre-race rituals include “good times and beer typically”.
Christophe recently won the Sylamore 50k in 5:12:36 under snow covered and wet conditions in northern Arkansas. This also was Christophe’s second year in a row to win this highly popular race.
Enjoy our chat that includes the following musings and other useful goodies for you:
- that first road marathon and swearing he would never do another
- 9 months later running the Arkansas Traveller 100 – “horrible idea”
- pacing Podog Vogler at Hardrock 100…and the fantasy of dropping him
- the hard realization why everyone was running so much slower at mile 30 of the Arkansas Traveller 100
- how Christophe integrates running into his life
- thoughts for a trail newbie
- favorite run related videos
- the slick and sloppy adventure at Sylamore 50k
Simply press the Play button to stream below.
To Download to Computer: Download MP3 (right click “save as”)
Resources and Goodies Mentioned
- Sylamore Trail Run (50k results, 25k results)
- Sylamore Race Photos (50k, 25k, Creek Crossing)
- Hardrock 100
- 3 Days of Syllamo
- Little Rock Marathon
- Arkansas Traveller 100
- Ouachita Trail
- Syllamore Trail
Thank you so much for being a part of the EB tribe. If you enjoyed the podcast and feel others you know may be interested as well, feel free to share with the social media buttons below. We really appreciate you.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
Posted on 24 Mar 2015