73 year old Ken Johnson of Texas is a streaker…a run streaker.
On New Year’s Day 1992, Ken began his first run streak of 600 days that included at least one mile of running per day. Since December 30, 1997 Ken has only missed 18 days of running and enjoys both the road and trails. Ken runs the full array of race distances from 5km to ultramarathon with 101 marathon/ultra finishes.
Ken recently ran the half marathon distance at the Love. Run. Marathon. on pine needle covered trails in Huntsville, Texas and crossed the finish line in 3:23:03! Enjoy our chat that includes the following musings and other useful goodies for you:
- being in the Army for 22.5 years and the two mile wall
- the surprise of Ken’s first four mile run courtesy of the division Commander
- that first 10km race experience at Ft. Hood with 2500 other runners starting at 3:00AM
- the continued involvement in running after retiring from the Army, then the run streaks begin
- strongest memories of the people and community in this sport
- reflections on the half marathon scamper at the Love. Run. Marathon.
- a special Team RWB experience from his marathon finish at Love. Run. Marathon. in 2014 – Mighty Awesome!
Simply press the Play button to stream below.
To Download to Computer: Download MP3 (right click “save as”)
Resources and Goodies Mentioned
Clubs and Organizations
You can also check out Ken’s blog at Streaker.
Thank you so much for being a part of the EB tribe. If you enjoyed the podcast and feel others you know may be interested as well, feel free to share with the social media buttons below. We really appreciate you.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
Posted on 18 Mar 2015
One Response to “EB48: A Run Streaker Since 1992 – Love. Run. Marathon. – A Chat with 73 Year Old Ken Johnson”