EB34: A Chat with Tracie Akerhielm – 2014 Texas Trail Series Sub-Ultra Women’s Champ – From Roller Derby to Rockin’ the Trails
Tracie Akerhielm of Texas won the 2014 sub-ultra Women’s division of the Texas Trail Series. She put together seven top series finishes along with an overall win at the Rockledge Rumble 30k.
Tracie has always loved sports and being active. A journey that has included cross country, road cycling, roller derby, and now a focus on trail running.
Enjoy my chat with Tracie that includes the following musings and useful goodies for you:
- Tracie’s running journey starting back in cross country during her youth
- memories and lessons from that first trail race at Cross Timbers Half Marathon
- Tracie’s favorite local trails
- training or racing?
- a favorite running book recently read
- Tracie shares a great tip for a trail running newbie
- plus Texas Trail Series memories
Simply press the Play button to stream below.
Resources and Goodies Mentioned
- Rockledge Rumble Trail Run
- Cross Timbers Trail Run
- Capt’n Karl’s Reveille Peak Ranch
- Pandora’s Box of Rox
- Isle du Bois Trail Run
Thank you so much for being a part of the EB tribe. If you enjoyed the podcast and feel others you know may be interested as well, feel free to share with the social media buttons below. We really appreciate you.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
[Hey EB tribe! This article contains affiliate links to Amazon which costs you nothing and provides a small commission to us if you would purchase a book through our link.]
Posted on 11 Feb 2015