Texan Joe Prusaitis of Tejas Trails race directs one of the biggest trail races in the country, the Bandera Trail Run, located outside the cowboy town of Bandera, Texas in south central Texas. Nearly 1000 runners from around the world will get dirty at this 13th annual event that includes a 100km, 50km, or 25km adventure within a natural playground of rugged Texas Hill Country goodness.
Enjoy as Joe and I chat about the following Bandera goodies:
- how the Bandera Trail Run came to be and how it almost never happened
- the course design process
- Joe’s enjoyment of rugged terrain
- what to expect at Bandera based on weather conditions
- reflections of that first Bandera race in 2003
- involvement with USATF and the Montrail Ultra Cup
- the Bandera flame
- a couple Bandera newbie tips
Simply press the Play button to stream below.
Special thanks to Joe for sharing with us!
And thank you for listening!
Want more Bandera? Check out our Bandera Trail Run Preview for this year’s race.
If you enjoyed the podcast feel free to share with the social media buttons below. We really appreciate you.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
Posted on 07 Jan 2015