Jared Fatterolf of Texas recently completed his first Badwater 135 in a time of 39:39:27. Jared starting ultra running about five years ago and has since completed twenty 100 mile or greater races including Lean Horse, Arkansas Traveller, Cactus Rose, Rocky Raccoon, The Bear, Burning River, Ozark Trail, Cruel Jewel, Viaduct Trail 150M, and a number of others. And Jared is only 25 years old! Enjoy our chat about the moment that reintroduced himself running, reflections on his early ultras, and his 135 mile Badwater adventure with his brother and friends crewing.
Simply press the “Play” button to stream below.
To Download to Computer: Download MP3 (right-click “save as”)
To Subscribe to the EB Podcast: iTunes
- The life moment that got Jared running again
- Reflections on running his first 50 miler at the highly regarded Sunmart 50M (unfortunately no longer exists) and lessons learned
- What Jared enjoys about ultra trail running
- His training style
- What inspired Jared to transition to a vegan lifestyle
- Favorite Badwater resource
- The Badwater 135 adventure
- The magical item that stopped food and fluids form shooting out of both ends (welcome to ultra running folks)
- Reflections from the super supportive race finish
- Tips to manage high heat ultra running events like Badwater
- His next 120 mile adventure coming up soon.
Books and Films Mentioned
- Eat and Run by Scott Jurek
- Death Valley Ultras: The Complete Crewing Guide by Theresa Daus-Weber and Denise Jones
- Running on the Sun
Special thanks to Jared for sharing with us!
And thank you for listening!
If you enjoyed the podcast, feel free to share with the social media buttons below. We really appreciate it.
Also be sure to check out the complete Badwater results summary for all six Texans that includes their own reflections from the journey.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
Posted on 08 Aug 2014