Nearly 130 athletes challenged themselves on some beautiful forest service road that had you smilin’ through a 2000 foot climb to Tesuque Peak before floating back down it. Half the run going up, the other…going down. Starting line is snuggled in at 10,000 feet. The Big Tesuque Trail Run offers a unique 11.6 mile challenge just outside of Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Flat/low-landers, well, good luck! At least you are surrounded within some beautiful scenery.
The photos showcase an amazing day to play.
Albuquerque runner, Dustin Martin, separated himself from the main chase group of Colorado and New Mexico runners to cross the finish with over a two minute gap in 1:24:22.
Jack Swift of Colorado led the chase group for second place honors.
Top 5 male
- Dustin Martin – 1:24:22
- Jack Swift – 1:26:25
- Lucas Fuentes – 1:27:07
- Mike Ehrmantraut – 1:27:29
- Cornelius Puiulet – 1:30:47
Local Santa Fe runner, Katie Gillen, led the inspiration train for all the women and ran the 16th fastest female time on the course in 1:43:18.
50 years young, Claudia Bergshon, was second across the line.
Top 5 female
- Katie Gillen – 1:43:18
- Claudia Bergshon – 1:51:55
- Erin Sindewald – 1:53:05
- Amy Tribolini – 1:55:48
- Katie Cutter – 2:02:56
Check out some of the wisest finishers. I hope this stuff fires you up as much as it does me.
- Ed Scott (age 65), Robert Werner (age 72), Jack Lynch (age 69), and Otto Appenzeller (age 84) scampered up to Tesuque Peak and back down!
Life is play. Play is life.
Race Reports and Groovy Pics
- “As stated above, I believed my training and rest prepared me well for this goal. That was, until I got a mile and a half into the race.” by Greg @ Perseverance Runner
- Bonus historical race insight be Kevin Brennan
- More great pics by Max Mujynya – Set #1, Set #2, Set #3, Set#4
Talk some Dirt
- The day really appeared to be quite magical. How was your 11.6 mile adventure?
- Did you have any special memories from the day?
Special thanks to Max Mujynya and Santa Fe Striders for sharing the great photos you see throughout.
Check out the TALON Race Guide
There are 150+ regional trail/ultra races in the TALON Race Guide. Be sure to check it out if you are looking for the most complete list of events in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. New events are always being added.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
Posted on 19 Nov 2012
3 Responses to “Big Tesuque Trail Run 2012 Results – Martin and Gillen Float Down the Mountain for Win”