The words “Full Moon” and night run…well…brings out the personalities!
On August 4th, runners enjoyed a five mile escape-the-sun night-time scamper at the Q50 Full Moon Trail Run.
The unique format consisted of a team event. Team defined as you both start together and finish together.
One loop course on some fast and tame trails at Fontainebleau State Park in Louisiana.
Just don’t drop your friend!
Teammates Dustin Branton and Dalton Fetters ran sub 6:30 and created a nice gap from those in chase to win the male race in 31:59.
What did Dustin think of being attached at the hip with another runner?
“The team format is great. My teammate and I have been racing together for 7-8 years now in Adventure races, so we are use to each others abilities.”
Tyler Corwin and Cole Robinson led the chase and earned runner-up honors.
Top 5 male
- Dustin Branton and Dalton Fetters – 31:59
- Tyler Corwin and Cole Robinson – 34:24
- Chad Rice and Brandon Ferrari – 35:47
- Ben Murrey and Jacob Murrey – 37:03
- Van Edwards and Lee Edwards – 38:43
Sisters, Margaret Granier and Shelby Granier, scampered at the front of the overall in sub-8 pace to win the female race in 38:53.
What did Shelby think of the event?
“I loves the race everyone was very friendly and the course was wonderful!”
Jen Guidry and Amber Berry were alone is second.
Top 5 female
- Margaret Granier and Shelby Granier – 38:53
- Jen Guidry and Amber Berry – 43:40
- Liz Wooster and Maria Delaup – 46:02
- Amanda Spiers and Laura Danton – 46:49
- Stephanie Vernon and Shawn Holliday – 47:24
Speedsters, Sean Fitzwilliam and Sophia Capmartin, finished second overall and won the co-ed scamper in 32:47.
Dari Duval and Justin Bertheaud ran to a fourth overall finish and runner-up honors.
Top 4 Co-ed
- Sean Fitzwilliam and Sophie Capmartin – 32:47
- Dari Duval and Justin Bertheaud – 35:05
- Laura Ebeier and Vincent Ebeier – 41:03
- Jerry Neil and Jennifer Radecker – 41:15
- Christina Gravish and Eric Gravish – 41:26
Race Reports and Pics
- “We all got a little free protein to help us with the run along the lines of the bugs we swallowed along the way. ” by Edie @ Why am I doing this?
- Did you dig the team format?
- Would you be interested in running it in a half marathon, marathon, or longer distance?
Special thanks to Dustin Branton and Shelby Granier for sharing with us and Louisiana Running Company for the race pics.
Check out the TALON Race Guide
There are 150+ regional trail/ultra races in the TALON Race Guide. Be sure to check it out if you are looking for the most complete list of events in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. New events are always being added.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
Posted on 30 Aug 2012