Texas ultra athlete, nutritionist, and Endurance Buzz contributor, Meredith Terranova, did a great podcast with the crew at UltrarunnerPodcast on nutritional awareness for that 95% of your day when your tread is resting up for that next off-road adventure.
Just a few of the interesting topics discussed:
- Daily hydration
- Protein – often lacking in endurance athletes
- Thoughts on Paleo
- Veggie talk
- Signs of over-hydration
Plenty of great reminders and possibly some new insights tucked in this interview.
Worth a listen, for sure!
Also towards the end of the podcast, Meredith shares her interesting moment at mile 98 of her sub-24 hour finish at Western States 100.
Check out the interview at Ultrarunnerpodcast.
- Meredith’s EB article – Hydration Essentials
- Greek Yogurt – High Protein Substitute for Sour Cream
- Tired – Could you Need More Protein in Your Diet?
- Reduce Junk Food Consumption – A Couple Ways to Help
- Farro – A Low-Gluten Grain Packed with Protein
- Healthier and Tasty Pizza
Talk Nutritional Awareness
- Do you put as much attention to your nutrition off the trail as you do on the trail?
- Has improving your nutrition off-the-trail helped with your performance and/or enjoyment on-the-trail?
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
Posted on 04 Jun 2012