We are less than one week from the 38th Annual Western States 100! This point-to-point adventure will lead 400+ runners from Squaw Valley to Auburn California along the Western States trail and is the highest profile 100 mile race in the United States. Higher profile brings along extra spice. This race is also is one of the most competitive at the elite level.
While there will be extra jalapeño at the front of the race, there will also be a small group of determined TALON athletes playing on this historic course. Every state of the TALON region will be represented in the “big dance” with Texas sending the largest group of adventurers.
Throughout the upcoming week I will highlight our Western States TALON athletes and share some profile interviews with these athletes. Will be fun!
Until then, a few appetizers to set the mood. 🙂
- 2010 Western States 100: TALON and Point-end Results Summary
- Unbreakable – The Western States 100 – Trailer for new Western States 100 film (releasing this Fall) that follows four of the top athletes from the 2010 event.
This is the most complete experience video form the race I have seen! This was put together by Steve Emmert at last year’s race. Super cool!
Our TALON Athletes
[Update: Here is the currently available list of TALON athlete profile articles.]
- New Mexico Trail Runners
- Oklahoma Trail Runner
- Louisiana Trail Runners
- Arkansas Trail Runner
- Texas Trail Runners
- 2011 Western States 100 – TALON Athlete Results
TALON Athlete Twitter Coverage
A few ways to follow the race action or check on athletes:
- race webcast – You will be able to see where athletes are at on the course and it looks like there will be some short video clips of athletes near the top of Devil’s Thumb and at the finish. The video clips will be placed within the Video Clips tab for a specific athlete.
- Streaming finish line video – Click on Finish Video link from the webcast page.
- TALON Athlete Twitter Coverage – I will be keeping tabs on our TALON athletes and will share their status throughout the 100 mile journey through Twitter. Follow Endurance Buzz on Twitter
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
Posted on 19 Jun 2011