Ouachita Trail Run 50 km 2011 Course Flyover

50 km of consistently varied terrain. Plus one extra fun 700 foot boulder littered climb and decent.

We are talking about the Ouachita Trail Run in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Course Profile

Click on image to enlarge

See that nice little climb up Pinnacle Mountain around the four mile mark! I have heard there may be a few big rocks to climb as well. 🙂

The 50 km course has a total of 4175 feet of up and down fun to help keep your eyes on the single-track trail.

Flyover

A glimpse of the course…from the sky!

(If you can’t see the video, click here.)

Special thanks to Jeff @ greenninja.com for the Garmin data.

7 Responses to “Ouachita Trail Run 50 km 2011 Course Flyover”

1. on 26 Apr 2011 at 5:02 pm Bill

My video of the first four miles on the OT50.

Ascent starts around 5:30 in the video. RD Chrisy has started a fun Texas/Arkansas rivalry, make sure to read you bid because she will write something fun on it…

2. on 27 Apr 2011 at 10:10 pm Jeff Linwood

Hah! She wrote Arkansas Rules! on my bib – check it out on the front page of my site. She wrote Girls Rule on some of the women. I really enjoyed the race this year!

3. on 02 May 2011 at 11:35 am David Hanenburg

Hey Bill – I remember your video form last year. Chrissy is funny! 🙂

Awesome Jeff! I need to get my butt out to that race.

4. on 17 May 2011 at 7:06 pm Tom Brennan

That flyover is awesome! I’ve never seen anything like that before. I also enjoyed reading the Rim2Rim2Rim reports. Just got back from my own trip. Thanks for keeping such a great website!

5. on 18 May 2011 at 9:10 am David Hanenburg

Thanks Tom! Really appreciate the kind words.

Nice run in the Canyon! Cool photo with the deer and waterfall.

Good luck at Bighorn!

6. on 15 Jun 2011 at 7:40 pm Steve

That’s a cool video. Enjoy Pinnacle Mountain!

I found you because I’m researching the Ouachita Trail. I’m thinking about hiking all 223 miles of it. I said “hike,” not “run.” You’re the better man who runs! 😉

7. on 16 Jun 2011 at 1:13 pm David Hanenburg

Hey Steve – Thanks for visiting and glad you like the video! A 223 mile is a serious hike and a sweet sounding experience adventure. Very cool!

Good luck with your preparation and journey.

Ha, “run” is used quite loosely in the ultra world. There is plenty of hiking for most of us as well. It’s all good!