Here are some brief trail/ultra results summaries for TALON athletes playing outside the region last weekend.
DWD Devil’s Lake – 50 mile, 50 km, marathon, half marathon
Over the weekend the Dances With Dirt Devil’s Lake trail adventure took place in Baraboo, Wisconsin. The website for the DWD events always highlight a uniquely dirt-lovin’ experience. They have me laughing at times.
DWD’s description for Devil’s Lake course:
Ultra course is not the relay course … some of it, but not all! Mostly trail with some stupid spots. Start with a 5 mile loop on the ski hills then 5 miles of trail out to a 15 mile loop and back for 50 km. 50M runs one more 15 mile loop and then same damn 5 mile loop at the start again.
TALON Athlete Results
Nice turnout! 618 goofy individual trail runners and 35 relay teams enjoyed a great day on the trails.
Marathon TALON Athletes
- Ryan Westin (AR) – 7:02:40
- Jeffrey Linwood (TX) – 9:09:20
- Cheri Woldt (TX) – 9:09:20
Half Marathon TALON Athletes
- Jeff Wohlrab (TX) – 3:20:21
- Joan Hilbert (TX) – 3:29:03
- Charles Crawford (TX) – 3:29:03
Race Reports and Video
- “It was dang hot out all day and the worst part was that there was this beautiful lake two feet away from us at times and we just had to run sweatily by all of the people swimming and splashing and floating and boating. Ahhh, it was torture.” by Clara @ La Corredora [Check out the cool video included, highlighting the rock stairs climb and the scenic Devil’s Lake. Nice.]
- “First leg was going to be the toughest, from my study of the course, and my fretting made it worse; my stomach clenched, I thought I would puke, and I entertained doubts about even finishing.” by Carrie @ EarthMovers and Sandcastles
Summer Run Toto Run – 50 km and 15 mile
The course is a 15.92 mile loop that contains much of what you would expect – rocks, roots, hills, and single-track. A healthy dose of heat and humidity is also included to clean out those skin pores.
TALON Athlete Results
326 excited runners started the journey.
15 Mile TALON Female Athletes
- Cherie Kail (OK) – 3:08:43 (*5th female*)
- Valerie Mitchell (OK) – 3:13:27 (*7th female*)
- Nikki Watson (OK) – 3:40:31
- Kari Duvall (OK) – 4:10:54
- Shelly Mack (OK) – 4:10:54
- Julie Dolph (OK) – 4:13:25
- Desiree Powell (OK) – 5:16:33
- Rachell Powell (OK) – 5:16:35
- Grace Alcantar (TX) – 5:20:08
15 Mile TALON Male Athletes
- Cory Stacey – 3:40:31
Unfortunately the 50 km results didn’t provide the runner’s state so I couldn’t pull out TALON athletes.
Race Reports and Photos
- All kinds of photos to check out by Dick Ross.
- “There is typically some dispute over the amount of rise and fall in each loop , but I can tell you for sure that there is well more than 1500 feet of climb and fall in each loop. That means hilly. That means some hills that you want to puke just looking at.” – by Scott @ Scott’s Running Blog
Congrats to all that played in the dirt or on the nicely groomed roads over the weekend.
If you ran at either of these events or some other event over the weekend, feel free to share your experience in the comment link.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
Posted on 14 Jul 2010
4 Responses to “DWD Devil’s Lake – Run Toto Run – 2010 TALON Results”