Western States 100 Trail Run – One Runner’s Journey Video

If you like trail running.

If you like the Western States 100.

This video is a must see as Steve Emmert records nearly 25 minutes of video from his recent journey. Yes, 2-5 minutes…but every minute includes the sight, sounds, and his personal thoughts from the trail. A true pleasure to watch.

I have not see a more complete video providing a glimpse of this 100 mile experience.

Enjoy!

2010 Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run from Steve Emmert on Vimeo.

Thanks Steve for creating and sharing this sweet video.

Have a great weekend!

13 Responses to “Western States 100 Trail Run – One Runner’s Journey Video”

1. on 10 Jul 2010 at 7:46 am Randy

Excellent vid Steve. Congratulations.

2. on 10 Jul 2010 at 5:27 pm Dr. Bell

That was terrific!

Having worked as a volunteer the last 11 races, I haven’t seen that much of the actual course, so this was really a treat!

Thanks!

3. on 10 Jul 2010 at 8:29 pm Julianne

Fantastic! Thank you so much!

4. on 12 Jul 2010 at 8:47 am David Hanenburg

Hey Randy – No doubt. Thanks for commenting.

Dr. Bell – Wow! Thanks so much for your support of the event. Thanks for the comment.

Julianne – You’re welcome. Thanks for the comment.

5. on 13 Jul 2010 at 3:56 pm Steve Emmert

Hey, glad you enjoyed my video! I made it mostly for my family who were not able to be there, but I’m happy to see that many others have gotten something out of it as well.

-Steve

6. on 13 Jul 2010 at 8:36 pm David Hanenburg

Hey Steve – Well, we all love it! Thanks so much creating it and sharing it with everyone. For a large majority of trail runners, this is as close as we got to experiencing the event. Good stuff.

Thanks for the comment and enjoy some down time. 🙂

7. on 15 Jul 2010 at 11:00 am Chris Hall

Thanks for posting this! It’s wonderful, inspirational and awe-inspiring.

8. on 15 Jul 2010 at 1:44 pm David Hanenburg

Hey Chris – Completely agree. Thanks for sharing.

9. on 15 Jul 2010 at 10:12 pm Steve Bernhardt #96

Thanks for the great memories! Throughout the video I kept saying I remember being there, there, and there. What a terrific day, night and morning. Let’s hope we can do it again sometime very soon!

10. on 16 Jul 2010 at 10:47 am David Hanenburg

Steve – Thanks for sharing. It also appears you are a Western States TALON athlete as well…maybe?? Either way, congratulations on your WS finish!

11. on 28 Nov 2010 at 6:06 pm Brian Hill

OK – so I know the video has been posted for a while but I just stumbled across it. Great stuff – love it! What type of camera did you use to shoot the video? Would love to carry along something similar on some of my races – loved the picture quality and the sound on the one that you used…

12. on 17 May 2011 at 8:50 am Steve Emmert

@Brian… not sure you’ll ever check back on this months old comment, but, I used a Kodak Playsport. Works great for this kind of stuff.

13. on 17 May 2011 at 10:23 am David Hanenburg

Thanks Steve! I passed the information onto Brian.