Here are some trail/ultra result summaries for TALON athletes playing outside the region from last weekend.
Pocatello 50 mile
The Pocatello 50 is a mountain course that guides trail runners along a loop within the Pocatello mountain range surrounding Pocatello, Idaho. One unique aspect of this event is that it includes a 2 or 3 person relay option.
The 50 mile course has ~13,700 feet of vertical gain all along single-track, ATV trails, and dirt roads. The high point (elevation wise) of the course is at mile 42.7 (Scout Mountain) at 8600 feet.
Teaser for the event:
(If you can’t see the video, click here.)
This year the race was canceled mid-race as white-out blizzard conditions were occurring at the higher altitudes. Fortunately everyone got out of that mess safely.
TALON athletes that started this crazy day:
- Bill Geist (NM) – finished ~50 km of the course
- Diana Heynen (TX) – made it to City Creek aid-station (16.9 mile)
- Joe Prusaitis (TX) – made it to City Creek aid-station (16.9 mile)
- Joyce Prusaitis (TX) – made it to City Creek aid-station (16.9 mile)
- John Sharp (TX) – made it to City Creek aid-station (16.9 mile)
Bryon @ iRunFar.com has a nice summary of the interesting day.
Once again, we see who really rules the roost that we all live in. We are simply a guest.
Forest Park 50 km – 20 km – 10 km
Enjoy trail running in the largest forested city park in America. Where is this? We are talking about the Forest Park trail run in Portland, Oregon. This fun-lovin’ trail event provides a distance for everyone.
- 50 km – 3185 feet
- 20 km – 925 feet
- 10 km – 745 feet
Course Map – Kind of tough to look at.
86 adventure seekers for the 50 km.
113 dirt lovers for the 20 km.
83 trail runners enjoyed the 10 km.
50 km Top Male and Female
- Ruben Galbraith (OR) – 3:59:20
- Erin Perkin – 4:45:21 (*7th overall*)
50 km TALON Athletes
- Lori Buckly (TX) – 9:20:45
20 km Top Female and Male
- Lynette Kertis (OR) – 1:50:47
- Jeff Cosmi (WA) – 1:32:07
20 km TALON Athletes
- Jeannette Protzeller (TX) – 2:37:20
10 km Top Male and Female
- A.J. Ballou – 46:27
- Carina Hamel (OR) – 44:18 (*1st overall*)
10 km TALON Athletes
- Tony Yamanaka (TX) – 55:28
- Christina Conklin (TX) – 1:01:01
- Dave Creveling (OK) – 1:07:12
- Julie Dolph (OK) – 1:16:29
- 20 km – “Mallory took first and set a new course record. I came in three minutes behind her and my time also beat the previous course record by over two minutes. Huzzah! I’ll take it!” by Heather @ Run With It
- 50 km – “I was having a great time with my running friends until I hit 24 miles. I let them go and started into my own personal ultra-running blow up. I was exhausted, tired, thinking VERY negatively…But there is one thing I have learned my friends, as bad as I wanted to give up, I knew I could make it.” by Jason @ run4change
- 50km – “And maybe, just maybe, I should be less hard on myself. Enjoy where I’m at, but keep striving for where I want to be.” by Sarah @ run…here…now
Congrats to all that played outdoors over the weekend.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
(Photo: Courtesy of keeganmullaney.)