Knarly Descent at Jemez Mountain Trail Run

• Sliding on all fours
  • Grabbing tree limbs
  • Skidding sideways

Welcome to the Jemez Mountain Trail Run!

Here is a cool video I found on youtube by Thomas T. from this year’s 50 mile trail run adventure, highlighting one small section of BA descent.

(If you can’t see the video, click here.)

Too cool! I need to get me some Jemez.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone.

8 Responses to “Knarly Descent at Jemez Mountain Trail Run”

1. on 29 May 2010 at 4:21 am Dave Elliott

VERY COOL…your right…we have got to get some Jemez….

dde

2. on 29 May 2010 at 2:23 pm David Hanenburg

No doubt bro! Photos are cool but video adds another dimension when you see a hand grasping for a tree limb in order to slow down and moderate sized rocks rolling down the slope with no interest in stopping…

3. on 29 May 2010 at 7:17 pm Mark

I’ll go back, but only for the 50K. Never again for the 50 mile!! Haha. Very ouch, baby! Let me know when y’all are ready!

4. on 01 Jun 2010 at 9:53 am David Hanenburg

Mark – “Never” is one of the loose words in the ultra endurance world. Give it some time… 🙂

5. on 02 Jun 2010 at 9:53 pm Mark Sitton

That was a very gnarly decent…300 feet of terror. I had a water bottle in one hand and an ice pop in the other…just glad we didn’t have to go up that sucker (though the next ascent would proceed to destroy me!).

6. on 04 Jun 2010 at 8:42 am David Hanenburg

Mark S – Funny I like the ice pop…although I probably would have finished it off before heading down a cliff wall. 🙂

7. on 05 Jun 2010 at 11:53 am Mariela

This is a great run and a great section as you plummet into the Valles Caldera.
    I don’t think I did it as gracefully as the guy on the film though!

8. on 11 Jun 2010 at 2:20 pm David Hanenburg

Hey Mariela – Crazy stuff. I look forward to experiencing this course within the next couple of years. Congrats to you for being out there!