You are in the final weeks of a solid build before a big trail running race and you get a head cold. Do you still run?
I basically use the following guidelines with respect to running when I get a cold:
- If it is in the head (not chest) – keep running.
- If the cold moves deep in the chest – consider not running.
- Reduce or eliminate the high stress running workouts. This could be speed or distance related.
- Instead of running, consider cycling, elliptical, or walking if feeling like a pretty good sized pile of poo.
- If feel like a really, really large pile of poo – get butt to bed.
This all includes incorporating as many natural immunity boosting, stress reduction, and healing techniques I know.
Hammer Time Giveaway question #3 (Giveaway description and rules)
What personal running guidelines do you follow when you get a cold?
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
(Photo: Courtesy of davidlat.)
Posted on 21 Jan 2010
6 Responses to “Do You Run When You Are Sick?”