A meal does not get much easier than this.
This easy vegetarian recipe is almost always in our bi-weekly dinner queue due to its simplicity and rock star taste.
Name: Cheesy Lentils
Prep time: 5 minutes (includes grating the cheese if that is not already done) – This is what I am talking about!
Cook time: 1 hour
- 1 cup lentils (organic if possible)
- 1 cup brown rice or other hearty rice of choice (organic if possible)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (we buy pre-made organic veg. broth)
- 4-8 oz of grated mozzarella cheese (based on your cheesiness preference )
- optional: a dash or two of turmeric (flavorless and a great anti-inflammatory)
- Place lentils, rice, and vegetable broth in a 9 in x 9 in x 2 in casserole dish. (or whatever you think will fit the ingredients)
- A couple shakes of the optional turmeric and then cover.
- Place in oven at 375 F for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes has expired, remove from oven and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Cover and place back into oven for 10-15 minutes.
- After time has expired, remove, uncover, and let sit for a couple minutes.
- Scoop on plate and enjoy! (My 2.5 year old son gobbles it as well.)
This dish is a nice source of vegetable protein, low glycemic carbohydrates, minerals, and folate.
We will include a couple big scoops of a favorite vegetable or a fresh tasty salad.
Have a great weekend.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com
Posted on 02 Oct 2009