During these hot summer days it can be nice to have a light and tasty meal. Our family has been making this modified Whole Foods recipe throughout the summer and have enjoyed the refreshing taste and texture of this salad as the temperature peaks into the triple digits.
This five bean salad recipe is also quick, easy, and nutritious. Check, Check, Check!
What’s In It?
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa.
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed, cut into 2″ pieces. (We just put in an approximate amount and are most likely over a 1/2 lb.)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame beans, thawed.
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers.
- 1 can salad beans, drained.
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing.
Nice short and simple list!
How To Make It?
- Rinse quinoa in water and drain.
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil in small pot. Stir in quinoa, reduce heat, cover and simmer until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed (10-15 minutes). When finished cooking, uncover and let cool.
- Cook green beans in small pot to desired tenderness. When finished cooking, let cool.
Time to combine ingredients!
- In large bowl, combine quinoa, green beans, edamame beans, red peppers, and salad beans.
- Add 1/2 cup Italian dressing and combine with rest of salad.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Note: We didn’t actually include red peppers because my wife isn’t a fan of them but I am sure they would be a nice addition.
We also like to enjoy it with a nice piece of bread with some butter.
Be active – Feel the buzz!
David – EnduranceBuzz.com