I asked Stephanie, an experience long course runner, to share her thoughts on this handy massage product as she had been using it for a few years now. She was kind enough to play along.
- Easy to travel with.
- Great for the calves.
- Pretty good for the quads.
- Can use it anywhere. (ex: in bed watching t.v.)
- Instant gratification. (You notice the benefits right after use.)
- Easy to share with fellow runners.
- Can use it multiple times during the day.
- Favorite time to use – After a long or hard run.
- Limited to your own strength.
- Only found in specialty stores.
- A little pricey.
- Tough to massage hamstrings and inner-thigh.
Worth having and would recommend to other runners.
Well there you go. Short and sweet!
Thanks Stephanie for sharing your experienced insight.
Massage of some kind (by a person or tool) really does have a noticeable affect. Regardless of the type used, find one that works for you. Your body will thank you.
Check out The Stick website if you would like to add it to your recovery toolbox and help keep yourself moving towards whatever endurance goals you have for yourself.
Any The Stick users out there? What has been your experience?
Be active – Feel the buzz!
Posted on 07 Jul 2009
2 Responses to “Running Gear Review: The Stick”