The last couple weekends I wore my new Garmin Forerunner 305 along the same route and wanted to see if it would display consistent distance. The route contained a couple fairly straight roads as well as a 1.25 mile oval loop around a park.
Weekend 1 Garmin reading: 5.50 miles
Weekend 2 Garmin reading: 5.49 miles
A cross check with Map My Run displayed this same route at 5.49 miles.
This may not be the most scientific approach to determine the Garmin’s accuracy but it works for me.
What a fun tool!
- New Running Tool – Garmin Forerunner 305
- Garmin Forerunner 305 – Setup
- Is the Garmin Forerunner 305 The Right Running Tool For You
- Garmin Forerunner 305 – Indoor Run Intervals
- Is the Garmin Forerunner 305 For Trail Runners?
- How to Update the Garmin Forerunner 305 Firmware