“At the end of the day, you get to spend time with people you want to spend time with.”
Shannon McFarland of Arkansas took on the Post Oak Challenge in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where he dashed off a trail 50km on Saturday and a trail/road marathon on Sunday!
Sounds like a dandy weekend of dirt and fun.
Shannon was extremely kind to chat with us about this adventure and the sport he enjoys.
Our chat with Shannon includes:
- running background (as a focused wrestler in his youth)
- love of Hobbs State Park
- focused excitement and passion to run his first Western States 100 this June. Plus how he found out his name was drawn in the lottery and why he couldn’t tell his wife.
- the greatness of the trail running community
- his favorite recovery drink
- And of course, the double at Post Oak