“I told her she was out of her mind…and then I signed up.” – Candi Paulin
Candi Paulin of Kansas enjoyed running throughout her youth and college years before placing the tread in the closet to focus on her young children.
And then Candi turned 30 which ignited the urge to open the closet, grab the shoes, and feel the miles under her feet once again.
A new running chapter began that included exploring 5km and up to the half marathon distance.
And then a friend kept talking about a trail race.
This was crazy talk.
And then Candi signed up for her first trail run, first ultra, the FlatRock 50km.
“I loved it. I was hooked.”
The off-road journey began which has since included trail adventures up to the 100 mile distance.
Candi recently won the 6 hour TATUR Snake Run up in Tulsa, Oklahoma with 34.75 miles.
Enjoy our chat that includes the following musings and other useful goodies for you:
- the return to running after having children
- wonderful memories from that first trail race at FlatRock 50k
- preparation for that first 50k
- favorite local trails
- training and Insanity
- the biggest thing that has changed since Candi started running on the trails
- running reads
- fiance and friends at the the TATUR Snake Run